You are here
Head of Administration and Compliance-Asset Management
Fast-growing Swiss Asset Management company
Experienced professional in administration and compliance
About Our Client
Our client is a fast-growing multi-billion AUM Asset Management company with direct and indirect investment strategies across multiple asset classes. They are creating a new position to streamline its administrative department and to allow future growth of the organisation.
With strong corporate values of honesty, Respect, Excellence, Humility and joy of Life, they are looking for the right person to join the management team reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Executive Committee.
The Head of Administration and Compliance has a primary responsibility to guide and manage the administration departments composed of Finance/Accounting, internal and external Audit, Compliance, Legal, and General Building services. The relative department heads will report into him.
In this position the Head of Administration and Compliance will:
1. Supervise the Finance and Accounting team in charge of
- accounts keeping and reporting (balance sheet, profit and loss account, notes to the accounts, key financial indicators) and their timely preparation and presentation
- budget process, preparation, submission and regular reporting
- tax related matters
2. Be responsible for internal and external audits
- Coordination with auditors, preparation of meetings and related documentation, follow-up on audit points
- Ambition for reaching the highest possible audit standards throughout the firm
3. Act as Compliance Officer
- Creation, maintenance and up-date of compliance procedures
- Communication of compliance matters to the firm and appropriate checking of the respect of compliance
- Act as data protection officer
4. Supervise the Legal team in charge of:
- all legal matters, including corporate and documentation aspects, investments and contractual affairs, KYC/AML and disclosure matters
5. Coordinate the General Building Services
- Maintenance, stationary, reception, relationship with the landlords and owners, planning on improvements with architects, furniture, power, etc.
Management is a key part of the role, with the responsibility for managing the heads of accounting and legal services as well as building related staff. The Head of Administration and Compliance will contribute in a proactive and constructive way to manage the allocated domains under his/her full responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Administration we are looking for will have:
- Strong academic background (minimum at Master level)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Administration and/or Finance and/or Law and/or HR
- Experience in financial services with a good understanding of the investment management sector and its regulatory environment
- Fluent in English and French - both written and spoken
- Open and constructive mind set - positive attitude - proactive problem solving skills
- Capable of working in teams as well as self-managed
- Full adherence to the core values of the company: Honesty, Respect, Excellence, Humility and Joy of Life)
What's on Offer
A unique opportunity to join a fast growing but sustainable company with strong ethics and an intellectually challenging environment.