You are here
Global Product Manager (German-speaker, Mechanical Engineering)
Leading global Swiss player in the high-tech industry
Challenging position with multiple facets in product marketing
About Our Client
Our client is Swiss global player, leader in the engineering and manufacturing of high-tech machinery used across several industries.
In this permanent role you will be responsible for the full lifecycle management of the company's main product line, and well as for its value management to optimize and maximize business.
As a Product Manager you will analyse the market positioning and potential, define the product line strategy, derive recommendations for current and future projects, and create campaigns, initiatives and programs to support sales and develop the business.
You will report directly to the Corporate Marketing Officer and work directly together with development, operations, corporate communications, sales and field staff to optimise long-term profitability from strategy to implementation.
The core responsibilities would be:
- Perform strategic analysis to develop proposals and guide the organisation with clear recommendations
- Evaluate the market and its potential, the competitive offerings, pricings and performance
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments and monitor industry best practices
- Discover new markets and develop market entry strategies
- Focus on the strategic direction and develop implementation initiatives
- Represent the voice of the customers and the market needs in all projects and initiatives
- Work in a tight relationship with sales to support the different markets and customers
- Be part in new product development projects to guide the translation of customer needs and requirements into specifications
- Build a strong network of internal contacts and leverage these relationships to drive business initiatives forward
The Successful Applicant
We are searching a senior professional with at least 5 years of experience in a similar global/regional B2B product management role in an industrial environment with affinity to mechanical engineering (Maschinenbau).
The hired candidate will hold a Master degree in Business Administration / Marketing / Engineering or an equivalent relevant education.
For this role fluency in German and English is required as well as willingness to travel (up to 20%).
In term of soft skills we appreciate the following ones:
- Capability to develop and propose the vision and strategy
- Result focused with can-do spirit and the right level of persistence and persuasiveness to achieve objectives and produce high quality results even under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals at all levels in a diverse community
- Positive thinker and team player
- Eager to learn and to achieve outstanding results
- Entrepreneurial attitude to maximise the business
- Strong analytical skills
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and career progression opportunities.