You are here
Evaluation Consultant - Public Health Policies
- Public Health specialist
- One year mission
About Our Client
Our client is a NGO.
Our client is looking for a consultant, as part of the evaluation team, who will be in charge of the evaluation of policies and projects effectiveness. The goal of the mission is to report and improve programme's impact on the field.
The consultant will ensure the implementation of the multi-year evaluation plan and the evolving annual work plan.
He/She will indirectly, and directly where appropriate, contribute to the development and/or revision of relevant strategies and policies. The consultants may also propose improvements in the standard operational procedure.
The consultant will perform the following activities:
- Guide and coordinate work in 2 or 3 assigned countries, including the work of the global evaluation partner who will guide the in-country evaluation partners.
- Manage relations with focal persons for the assigned countries; ensure they are up to date; and seek their inputs, guidance and decisions when needed
- Oversee and guide relations and communications of evaluation partners with country stakeholders
- Review updates and reports drafted and developed by the in-country evaluation partners and provide guidance and inputs;
- Identify and anticipate key risks and potential issues for project management
The Successful Applicant
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field in evaluation, health, development or management
- At least over 8 years of experience in evaluation or closely related fields in public health, especially in epidemics;
- Knowledge and multi-disciplinary understanding of public health
- Familiarity to independent evaluations and complex projects
- An excellent knowledge of English; and a good knowledge of French
What's on Offer
One year contract with possible extension