You are here
Director Private Debt - Frankfurt am Main
- Great opportunity as a Director Private Debt in Frankfurt - Germany
- New established office of a mid-market private Equity firm with approx 4bn AUM
About Our Client
For the new established office of a mid-market private Equity company with approx. 4bn AuM we are searching for a Director Private Debt to cover the DACH region.
The Frankfurt office will be created as a new subsidiary of this recognized financial institution. It services both the existing client portfolio as well as newly acquired clients of the company. The aim is to invest in the highest quality target companies within Europe in both equity, mezzanine and private debt.
- Leading and building up a small team focused on direct lending in German speaking region
- Sourcing and originating potential investment opportunities for direct lending.
- Invest capital in senior and uni-tranche and subordinated debt depending on the situation and credit quality
- Maintaining and developing a mid-market origination network by meeting regularly with managers, mid market private equity professional and intermediaries
- Preparing and presenting the investment opportunities to the Fund Investment Board
- Driving the monitoring of each German region individual investment portfolio company through attending annual meetings, following reporting from borrowers, private equity firms, industry research, etc.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the firm to support all lending activities and gather information necessary to make investment decisions within the style and strategy of the direct lending
The Successful Applicant
- Masters or equivalent degree from a leading University or business school
- 7-10 years spent in leveraged finance, debt advisory or private equity
- Track record in mid-market LBO transactions. Prior lending and structuring experience is necessary
- Strong technical foundation within corporate finance, credit and accounting
- Marketing and deal flow generation capability
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with substantial experience in financial modelling to evaluate junior members work
- Results orientated individual, with a proactive and creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in analysing financing opportunities, conducting due diligence and negotiating documentation
- Strong judgement and critical thinking skills, with the ability to articulate and present points of view and ideas effectively
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task with strong attention to detail
- German mother-tongue and fluency in English language is essential, any other European language is a plus
What's on Offer
Our client is willing to make a very competitive offer to the successfully hired candidate.