You are here
Director Operations (German Speaker, Electronics)
Market leader in high tech electronics devices for multiple industries
Senior Management role in a matrix organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a confidential multinational company in the electronics industry.
The Director Operations will lead a team of 30 people working with partners in the supply chain to achieve production goals such as revenue and cost targets, superior on-time delivery performance, high quality levels, and new product introduction schedules.
This is a high visibility senior position that will report directly to the Global VP of
Operations based in USA and dotted line to the VP of the business unit headquartered in Switzerland.
The main duties of the role include
- Manage the planning, manufacturing engineering, test engineering, production, logistics, purchasing and customer service functions.
- Run a supply chain that is primarily outsourced and international in nature.
- Define and implement strategies that maximise revenue, minimise cost, and optimise customer delivery performance and inventory in a high demand turns environment.
- Make sourcing decisions such as the selection and management of strategic manufacturing partners.
- Position resources, capacity, and inventory levels that support projected demand growth.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes are optimised and that products are tested to meet set technical and quality goals.
- Develop Operations related plans and budgets over multi-year horizons.
- Initiate generational improvements to business and manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Operations, Product Design and Development, Marketing, Sales, and Quality with a focus on delivering results.
- Play a key role in identifying, implementing and integrating systems solutions and processes to enable cost-effective and scalable business processes; emphasis will be on implementing systems solutions and integration with larger corporate systems in order to minimize disparity in corporate systems.
- Motivate team members and focus them on achieving business and operational goals
- Take ownership of business results and manage operational KPIs.
The Successful Applicant
- University Degree in Engineering or Science.
- More than 10 years of experience in a similar role in the electronics industry.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Extensive experience in managing an international electronics supply chain. Experience in working at senior management level in a matrix organization is a strong plus.
- Proven quality management and crisis management skills.
- Demonstrated track record of system implementation and integration with corporate systems.
- Proven results in managing cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Solid negotiation skills coupled with proven cost reduction achievements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal fluency in German and English is an absolute must.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary plus performance bonus in shares