You are here
Director Finance & Metal Sales
- Exciting opportunity within the precious and base metal streams segment
- Director Finance & Metal Sales in Zug, Switzerland
About Our Client
Our client is situated in Zug, Switzerland and focused on the management and acquisition of precious and base metal streams.
- Management of the Company's metal purchase rights and obligations under existing and future metal purchase and sale agreements;
- Management of gold, silver, copper and other metal deliveries, inventories and sales;
- Administration of the Company's affairs in Switzerland with a primary focus on contract administration, governance and accounting activities.
- Monitor the delivery and purchase of metals under the Company's various purchase and sale agreements.
- Coordinate the desk reviews of each metal distribution to the Company to determine whether such distribution was correctly done.
- Actively engage in and manage the Company's inventory and sales of metals, including monitoring inventory, executing sales agreements and confirming the Company's receipt of payment from counter parties.
- Maintain the Company's office space and facilities in Zug.
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities, including ensuring the timely payment of invoices.
- Responsible for financial reporting of the client and coordination of external financial and tax audits.
- Maintain and manage contractual obligations and rights, including external & inter-company agreements.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a similar field. An MBA and/or a professional accounting certification would be preferred.
- A minimum 10 years of experience in an accounting or financial field, with a preference for individuals with experience in the mining, metal sales or commodity trading industries.
- A strong understanding of the precious and/or base metals businesses will be helpful.
- The ability to communicate effectively across the business as well as the ability to work in diverse cultures with a demonstrated awareness of differences in international business environments.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and disciplined with high energy and stamina.
- The person should demonstrate maturity in business judgement and in approaching challenges in an ethical and transparent manner.
- Excellent managerial accounting skills.
- Significant experience in Microsoft Excel and accounting software packages. Experience in database management would be desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in English and German is required.
What's on Offer
Our client is willing to offer a very competitive salary package to the successfully hired candidate.