You are here
Category Planning Lead (M/F)
Category Planning Lead (M/F)
New regional EMEA Supply Chain organization
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with its international operations hub based in the Zurich area. For our client, we are currently recruiting for a Category Planning Lead (m/f).
As the Category Planning Lead you will be part of an agile demand-driven supply chain organization and you will manage a regional planning team consisting of five to six people.
The responsibilities of the role holder include the following:
- Oversee all planning activities of the own category while balancing key KPI's: service level, inventory and cost.
- Leverage regional capacity for the assigned category across plants and third party manufacturers in line with strategic objectives.
- Be accountable for the third party manufacturing execution and track the operational performance against the set targets and tactical plans.
- Develop cost effective manufacturing capacity solutions within the EMEA region.
- Collaborate with all internal relevant stakeholders in the tactical horizon to align and match supply with demand and clarify risks and opportunities.
- Govern and implement projects driving agility into the regional manufacturing plans.
- Provide input regarding the strategic direction on manufacturing capabilities for the assigned category within the region.
- Lead and coordinate capacity for the category within the EMEA Region.
- Provide direction to the plants and third party manufacturers for implementation of tactical decisions and operational execution.
- Partner with new product introduction to incorporate launch activity into the capacity planning.
- Be accountable for the purchase order management process and the timely execution of the plan and delivery of the finished goods.
- Manage and develop a team of planners to ensure that the team supports the business objectives.
- Promote and manage cross-functional and effective relationships.
- Foster and support the adoption of best practices, the identification of continuous improvements initiatives, and drive process adherence.
The Successful Applicant
For this core function in the regional supply planning operations, the successful candidate should provide a strong profile, whilst expressing excellent attributes in leadership, communication and decision making skills to lead the operations.
- You have an academic background with Bachelor's Degree in, Supply Chain, Operations, Economics and/or Management (additional advanced degrees and certifications in Supply Chain; APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
- You have at least 8 years of experience in relevant supply chain functions (production planning, supply planning, inventory planning, manufacturing), preferably in the consumer goods or other relevant industries (healthcare, chemicals, luxury, etc.).
- You have experience with people management as well as with change management.
- You are customer-oriented and you have the capability to build/maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the company.
- You are a strong critical thinker and problem-solver.
- You are ambitious, open-minded and hungry to learn.
- You are self-driven, change savvy and you like to challenge the status-quo.
- You are fluent in English at a Business level, other languages such as Polish, Italian, French would be an advantage.
- You have an excellent understanding of ERP systems (SAP APO/ECC is desired), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
What's on Offer
You can be part of something exciting and actively contribute to shape the new regional EMEA Supply Chain organization and its new office in Switzerland. The inclusive culture of the company embraces diversity of thought and empowers individuals to think as entrepreneurs. The selected candidate will also be awarded with competitive benefits, services and resources.