You are here
Business Development Manager Europe (m/f)
- Experience in B2B Sales, ideally of a "commodity nature"
- Fluent German & English
About Our Client
Our client is a leading actor in commodity trading, with a diversified portfolio of activities. For its ingredients/raw material supplying part, he's looking for an experienced business development manager.
Marketing / Sales / Business Development
- Optimising marketing strategy (market segments & geographies to focus on, partnerships with distributors vs. direct sales)
- Managing existing customer relationships to generate sales ·
- Business development: Market research, acquiring new customers / Identification and targeting of new large end buyers / Developing sales of other products of the portfolio / Development of specific markets (Turkish, Italian...)
- Daily contact with existing customers and prospects. Regular visits (approximately 5-10 days of travel per month).
- Preparation of marketing material, together with external support (Brochure, website, PowerPoint presentation and specifications in corporate identity)
- Reporting in a systematic way to management and JV partners of marketing activities, customer feedback, competitor activities.
- Presentation of annual and quarterly sales plans, based on systematic mapping of European demand.
- Responsible for reporting and planning for the entire European marketing, including the activities of the other marketers.
- In charge of the improvement and better integration of the reporting tools and processes, together with management, marketing, operations, accounting and IT (internal and external). This includes tweaking Salesforce (possibly with external IT help/training) if needed.
Coordination of contract execution
- Issuing/reviewing contracts
- Supervising operators to make sure deals are performed on time and related procedures are clear and followed.
- Follow up with Operations on stocks forecasting and instructing chartering desk to charter vessels to ensure supply
- Supervising operators' stocks management, blending and denaturing operations.
- Understanding of buyer's quality requirements and producers' quality guarantees; matching of the former and the latter - Identification of quality arbitrage opportunities.
- Staying updated on regulations impacting the market in Europe· Coordinating research effort on these topics (with traders, analyst, operators, external experts).
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B Sales, ideally of a "commodity nature";
- Proven track record in business development into new markets;
- Self-drive and motivation;
- Structured thinking and presentation;
- Outgoing + prepared to travel (25/30%);
- Fluent German + English are a must, any other language (French, Italian, Spanish…) is an asset;
What's on Offer
International challenge in a dynamic team (part of a global leader group) based in Geneva.